I’m Looking For Good Books to Read

I’m just about the finish the “Millennium” trilogy, and so I’m looking for some good books to read once I’m done here.

I had read “The Jewel of Medina” a couple of years back, so when its sequel came out, I bought that too. I haven’t read “The Sword of Medina” yet, but I really would rather read something else if I could.

I still haven’t finished “Last Night at Chateau Marmont”, from the same author as “The Devil Wears Prada”. But only because it’s such a boring book, I don’t think I’ll ever really finish it if I had other options.

I’m going to read this new book I got called “How to Read Literature Like a Professor”; if only so that I could finish that horrible “Ulysses” book. I’m unable to read even a few pages of it at any time. So in the absence of any recommendations from you guys, I’ll probably be reading these two books next.

I’m looking something like “The Lovely Bones”, “About a Boy”, or even “Deception Point”.

Any recommendations?

17 Responses to I’m Looking For Good Books to Read

1. Have you read The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood? If not I’d recommend it. :)

No I haven’t heard about it, but I’ll check it out.

I heard about a novel called The Room The Help, and it’s supposed to be a new classic. But it’s about maids and old slaves, so I wasn’t very interested in it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

2. Okay sounds a bit like The Room… But I like it for the use of colours and other symbolism, it’s a good book :)
    I see you like Nick Hornby; Slam is another good novel by him :)

3. Mohammed says:

monkey business

4. Naser says:

Hi
    I really recommend reading the help. I read the room too and it was a good book too. If i have to choose one i will go with the help. Good luck how was the triology?

Thx for the recommendation :)

I got The Help, so wish me luck :)

The trilogy was good, but the translation is sooooo bad, so simple, it’s annoying…. Plus all the names are in Swedish, so u have to know them well and not mess up.

They all start slow, then go into super speed in the last quarter. Would you be ok with novels like that?

• Naser says:

I will be fine if the novel starts slowly and speeds up by half the way through the book. Otherwise i would get bored and most likely leave the book :)

Try them out, the plots are super interesting and unique. I hope you do get to read them, 7ata law just one :)

5. JustHeba says:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Galileo’s Daughter

Read these as a start and I’ll post some more for you later

Hmmm, I don’t like novels like the Kite Runner… LIke probably hate them!

But as for the other book….. I’m loving the name already :D

I just love renaissance scholars, and I do hope the book covers that great era.

Thank you so much for the recommendations :)

6. Shaza says:

u might wanna try, ‘if tomorrow comes’ for Sidney Sheldon

7. Valkyrie says:

The Lovely Bones isn’t a good book, I don’t recommend others to read it. Its a very miserable story with lots of superstitions and blood.

It is a sad miserable book. The first time I got it, I justvread a few pages then threw it away. I did nt get to read it again till a whole year later.

The writing style s very very good, descrptive, expressive, with interesting story lines.

I love a well-written book. It was a shame that The Lovely Bones starts in such a depressing way. But if you can get past the beginning, then you’re in for one great read.

8. Pingback: » New Trailer for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo The Buz Fairy