Review of Choco Cafe at Hotel Missoni Kuwait
June 18, 2012 2 Comments
Me and my friends had lunch at Choco Cafe in Hotel Missoni. The cafe is on the hotel’s ground floor and is very spacious, with a beautiful view of the Cactus garden outside.
The cafe is very spacious and airy. It’s full of light and the layout provides a good sense of privacy. The tables are also somewhat spread apart to add to that sense of privacy. They have a few seating alternatives to suit everyones needs. They’ve got sofas, regular tables and chairs, and a nice bar stool area.
They provide you with a printed menu in addition to an iPad menu (which holds pictures and details of each dish and drink, each on its individual page). As I do with every new place I try, I order everything that I think is delicious to me on the menu. So we ended up with a Rocca salad, a bacon white sauce penne pasta, two juice cocktails, a hot chocolate concussion, a chicken avocado focaccia, and two desserts.
- The Rocca salad was very good, I would definitely place it as one of the top in Kuwait. It comes with tiny apple strips, cubes of blue cheese, and a Balsamic concentrate.
- The bacon penne pasta was also very delicious. It comes in a white cheese sauce, but with a strong smoked bacon flavor that does wonders in adding a great taste to what is normally a plain cheese sauce. Again, this is a dish I highly recommend.
- I am an avid lover of avocado sandwiches, wether they were with cheese or chicken. Choco Cafe’s sandwich comes with chicken, but I asked them to add cheddar cheese to it and toast the whole sandwich well. And again, I know I’m repeating myself, this sandwich was very very delicious. I needed to add salt and pepper, which I ground freshly from the cute grinders on the table, but that’s just me. The sandwich was still great as it is. I do have to add a disclaimer, I don’t like thick foccacias, so I will try to order the sandwich in another kind of bread next time, just to see if that works better. If not, I’m still ordering it as it is (with added cheddar of course).
- I didn’t personally try the fruit cocktails, but my friends said both drinks were very good. One was lemon with mint, and the other was called In Fior, which had fresh grapefruit and pineapple juices along with fresh ginger and orange blossom.
- The desserts we ordered were made to order, and took roughly 15 minutes to make. I’m not a huge dessert person, but I did like my Apple Tart, which came drizzled with sweet honey and a scoop of ice-cream. I liked the tart, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say I loved it. If I did order it again, I would for sure add some more chocolate ice-cream scoops to it.
- The other dessert we ordered was a kind of chocolate soufflé, which my friends say was great.
- We topped off the meal with very delicious mocha hot chocolates; covered with vanilla and chocolate syrups and sprinkles of roasted coconut shavings.
I don’t know why I haven’t been to this place before. I’m now kicking myself for avoiding such a great place. It suits my taste very well, it’s both quite and elegant and serves great food. I don’t know what our bill was, because one of my friends picked up the tap. But I think the prices were very reasonable, considering the elegance of the food and the quality of its food.
I really recommend you try Choco Cafe at Hotel Missoni.
Note: Click on any of the images to flip through them all in a bigger size.