Is Villa Moda closing down?

I haven’t been to Vila Moda since before Ramadan, so I didn’t know they were closing down.

A friend of mine went there yesterday, and told me that the place looks deserted, everything is on sale, no new collection on display, and that the place was under clearance. I was shocked to say the least, since I hadn’t heard a thing.

Another of my friends went there today, and I hadn’t told her that the place was closing down. She immediately bbd me telling me something odd was happening. Everything is on sale, and all the materials are from old collections. She told me that Gucci has closed down, and that it’s now being used to display Lebanese party dresses. Prada men has closed down, and Tom Ford was opening in its place.

This is sad. Vila Moda was one of my favorite shopping destinations.

13 Responses to Is Villa Moda closing down?

1. LadyStyle says:

Crazy things! Thanks for this post. I`ll go tomorrow there. I am interesting what`s happen with SABAH ART AND DESIGN it was in Corniche? They hold in February the Auction for contemporary art, then in april or may it was closed, but I didn`t find the person who knows the story

2. s. says:

I’m not the least bit surprised. VM is horribly overpriced, and those taqleed rumours didn’t help at all. Plus, everyone is aware of outlets in Europe and USA, and of course internet shopping.

I promised myself to NEVER buy any brand name from Kuwait, after I bought some clothes from Al Ostoura and found them online in the CLEARANCE section for a fraction of the price.

I agree with you. Al-Ostoura would tend to sell you old season pieces, so you have to be extra careful when buying from them. Also, Vila Moda had a huge negative reputation of selling fake goods.

But for Vila Moda to close, just like that, without anyone knowing about is what’s sad about this story 😦

3. Pingback: Is Villa Moda closing down? | Placedelamode

4. Faith says:

Hi
    Shaikh Majid Al-Sbah has resigned and he is no longer connected with VILLA MODA, SHUWAIKH or any brand that is there. Let’s take ‘MARNI’ for example, there are 2 MARNI stores in 360 mall and they are both owned by Shaikh Majid, howevere, the one in VILLA MODA isn’t his anymore.
    Don’t worry too much about VILLA MODA closing down because D&G, GUCCI, BOTTEGA VENETA and many other boutiques are about to open again in 360.
    Furthermorem in the Avenues Phase 3, a lot of shops will be open soon, such as Louis Vuitton and YSL 😉
    Good luck shoppers 😀

Hmm… He didn’t resign, he was fired… And I know he took a few brands with him, like Gucci, and he plans to open up individual boutiques 🙂

Problem is what the hell is happening with Vila Moda!

5. Faith says:

7BET awthi7 shay ….he is not connected with any VILLAA MODA anymore …y3ni all the branches …fanar, ftz etc

6. Vm lover says:

Guyz,

The report is almost true; again there is no plan to closing down operation i believe. The main reason i know that is the miss management they looted everything from villa moda . Sheikh loves weight skin that all happened to VM
    CEO was taking bunch of money was not doing anything. HR manager was busy with recruiting her Labnies boyfriend’s gangster that’s all happen to VM

7. Kuku says:

Feb 2010 is a dead line for VM Closing.