I Want to Upgrade my RAM

I want to upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 4GB. It’ll cost me KD 70 here in Kuwait, while online, it would cost less than $50.

I’ve googled it online, and the changing process seems very easy to do. Just unscrew the back of the laptop, remove the cover and battery, take out the old RAM,s and plug in the new ones.

The RAMs themselves are quite cheap to buy, but I don’t know what type or brand to get. Online, an upgrade to 4GB is $50, to 6GB is $90. That’s very cheap compared to the price I got in Kuwait.

My laptop is a MacBook, the aluminum uni-body, of late 2008. If anyone knows how to upgrade, where to buy the RAMs, what kind to get, where to do it, self install… etc; then please let me know. I need all the information I can get.

14 Responses to I Want to Upgrade my RAM

1. Frankom says:

check waw.cc
    he has a post that shows how to upgrade the ram 🙂

Thx frankom… His vid was abt the macbook pro, while mine is just a macbook… bs 3a6ani fekra eni adawer nafs elvid 3n elmacbook, and i found it…

Shakl elupgrade wayd sahel… mabagi al7een ellah achayek nou3 elram.

Thx again 🙂

2. Mark says:

I get ALL my mac ram from http://www.transintl.com/macupgrades/index.cfm
    Theyre apple certified, highly recommended and priced amazingly.

for instructions on how to install the ram follow this link and choose your mac

Thx Mark 🙂

I found an online vid that showed the process, and it was super easy… The only thing i have to figure out is what kind of ram i need… For that i’m going to check the site you mentioned.

Thank u so much for the links, they’re very helpful 🙂

figure it out then tell me ;)))

It turned out to be super easy… I just have to order them… Ta5ayali, a 4GB RAM is just $36!!

Installation is as simple as unscrewing, removing the cover, pressing a clip, putting the new ones, then screwing 8 small screws again.

Sij elkwait nasabeen!! I wud’ve paid $280 for a $40 thing 😦

Tara ur laptop is still new and u don’t need to upgrade just now.

Mine is 2 yrs old, and it’s getting slower than b4, so I do need the upgrade (I’m on only 2GB).

4. Dude says:

I would go to macsales.com, depending on your laptop you can look for the max amount of RAM ure laptop can handle, they’re prices are also adequate. I would check em out..

Good luck.. replacing them isn’t an issue you’ll find vids on youtube, but check macsales, and get the max amount of memory for your mac.. + their apple certified.

Thanks for the link… I’m still not sure how much my laptop can handle, coz there’s an official max and a tested-and-runs-well max.

Anyways, I’m gona go for a 4GB upgrade initially…. And I’ve looked at the vids, they seem easy to do 😀

I’m checking out macsales as we speak….. even though, mark’s recommendation (transint) are super cheap, and apple certified too 🙂

It’s the site I checked when I first started googeling around for an upgrade… But I wasn’t sure they’re apple certified… Thx for the tip 🙂

5. DG says:

You can buy the ram at amazon or http://www.crucial.com
    It is quite easyto install. Just order the right chips ….

6. Pingback: I’m Extremely Unhappy with DHL « The Buz Fairy