A while back, like in October, I bought myself a 4GB wireless memory card for my camera. I got it from eXcite for KD 22, but never got around to using it till today.
I opened it up today, installed it on my laptop, and experimented a bit with it:
- First thing you have to do is connect the memory card, via the enclosed card reader, to your laptop for initial setup.
- Then you add a wireless network, which will be used to wirelessly transfer your photos from the camera to the laptop.
- I had to update the card’s software, because the one that came with it back in October was now outdated.
- You chose where you want to save the pictures. You can either pick iPhoto or in separate folders.
The rest is super easy. I took the card out of its reader, put it in my camera, and started shooting. As long as the Eye-Fi software is open on your computer, the picture transfer is instantaneous. After using the card for a while today, I couldn’t really see any major advantages to it. However, I think the card is good in the following situations:
- If you don’t want to carry your card reader around all the time. With this wireless card, all you need is your laptop and wireless network to transfer pictures.
- If you want to quickly add pictures, especially if all you want are the new ones you just took.