Update on my DHL Problem

Update: I solved my problem with DHL.

This is an update on my previous post. I just found out that the blog, Cute Nemo, had ordered a Macbook pro last year, also shipped through DHL. Her custom charges were the exact same amount as mine, even though her order is much bugger, heavier, and a lot more expensive.

• Her custom charges were KD 27.5, while mine were KD24.5.
  • Her order was a Macbook worth $1,730, while my order was just $121.

• Her package weighed 13.7 pounds, while mine was just 3.5.
  • Customs valued her package at KD600, while valuing mine at only KD54

How can me and her get charged the same amount, with all these differences in our orders?
DHL: Maybe now you can understand why I’m angry. Why I feel that the charges were unjust.

10 Responses to Update on my DHL Problem

1. Pingback: I’m Extremely Unhappy with DHL « The Buz Fairy

الدي اج ل اخواره !!!
    ابونا تهاوش وياهم مره علئ دكيومنت اوراق و بعدها ما قام يتعامل وياهم

جان قلتي لهم شلون تساووني مع واحد اغراضه علئ ٦٠٠ و انا ٥٤ ؟ اهم جم ياخذون نسبه من السعر الاجمالي لقيمة البضاعة؟ للجمارك اعتقد ٥٪ خل. يحسبونها و يطلع الرقم الصحيح

Oh, I told them, w 7amellooni elgala6… They explained enah this was eljamarek not them.

Gelt.luhum 3an ra3iyat el laptop, w enah jamarikha is exactly like mine… Makan 3endah rad.

Btw, tara eljamarek emchargeeni 5%, 2r kd w 750 fils bs 🙂

Btw, since I called them, all I wanted was to talk to the complaints manager or supervisor. However, the only one I spoke to is a DHL operator.

This isn’t the beginning of good (not great) customer service.

You tell me, u think the charge was reasonable? Am I exaggerating in not accepting it?

Btw, I’m paying the charge. But I still expect DHL to reimburse me + next custom charge is one them.

I don’t know about ppl, but my time is more valuable than to waste it on irritating mistakes like these.

habibti its the General Administration of Customs who need to revise policy, u need not b upset with DHL :((((( yibi6 el chabd thoooo

I think I have to disagree with you. I’ve been to customs before, they are super co-operative. If they had assumed incorrectly that an item is what it isn’t, and u correct them; then they accordingly withdraw their opinion.

Has anyone from DHL asked them a simple? Showed them my itemized invoice?

4. Pingback: These Were the Things Customs Overcharged Me With « The Buz Fairy

5. in_love_with_laguna says:

أقـول فيـري تنفعيـن تصيرين محاميـه لوووول
    ماشاْ الله عليج حاطة الأوراق و مقارنتهم
    دقيقة و مرتبـه

عموما لا تضايقين نفسج و لا تحترين عليج بالعافيه الأغراض

أنـا كنت طالبـة أغراض من نوردستروم و ياتني الشحنة منفصله يعني الجوتي بروح و إكسسوارات بروح لأنهم ما ايبونها من نفس المخزن أو الموقع تخيلي كنت شاريه دلاقات بيبي يابوهم بروحهم طلع شحنهم و جمركهم أغلى من قيمتهم نفس قصتج

6. Pingback: I Need Help with Aramex Shipping ممكن مساعدة مع أرامكس « The Buz Fairy

7. Pingback: I Solved My Problem With DHL حليت مشكلتي مع دي اتش ال « The Buz Fairy