July 13, 2011 4 Comments
I was reading an article in Businessweek about Pinkberry’s plans to expand outside of the USA. The article is fairly new, it was written in April 2011, and had some really fascinating facts. Including something fascinating (but not surprising) about Kuwait:
- Kuwait is Pinkberry’s highest volume store, beating everyone everywhere. Way to go Kuwait.
- Starbucks Chairman joined the board of Pinkberry in 2007. Super cool connection score for local big Starbucks fans, Al-Shaye3.
- People stood in line, yes even in West Hollywood, for hours when Pinkberry first opened up there in 2005.
- Pinkberry is expensive, and not just in Kuwait: a small cup costs $5 in the States.
- Pinkberry’s Peru branches get 50% more business than the American branches. Way to go Peru.
- Pinkberry sales are less than one-third of ColdStone’s sales.
- You get lots of local flavors and toppings to suit every specific market; like green tea flavors in South-East, and dates & pistachio topping in our Gulf region.