July 27, 2011 8 Comments
This time last year, exactly (at 3.30 am), was the time of my first ever blog post.
Now I stand a year later, 365 days wiser, and more than 1,800 posts older. I never thought I would be this involved in a blog, let alone this successful.
I am a pretty shallow person, in terms of interest (and not intent). There’s no shame in admitting that. So I think it came in as a bigger shock to me, than to any of one else of my readers or friends, to see this blog achieve the numbers and viewership it did during this past year.
These are the milestones I’m super proud of:
- More than a 1,800 posts so far.
- Direct viewership of more than 350,000; in addition to triple and atleast quadruple that in indirect and RSS viewing.
- Reaching over a million or a million and a half in one single year; and in the absence of any sponsorship, advertising, or favors; is pretty damn amazing.
- Buzfairy was able to achieve the number one blog post worldwide, in April of this year, beating more than 20 million wordpress.com blogs our there.
- Buzfairy also made it to the top #2 & #3, during this April, also beating tens of millions blog sites worldwide.
- I got to have some free merchandize, and some free food during my experience.