My Favorite Cupcake from the Past

Hostess cupcakes are the most amazing chocolate fudge cream filled cupcakes out there, especially if you eat them frozen cold. Sultan Center used to sell them pre-invasion, but not anymore.

I now get them from either my Saudi friends cause they still sell them in SA, or from my American friends cause they’re sold in the army base’s supermarkets. The cupcakes have a very short expiry period of like 10 days, that’s why I always freeze them immediately so they won’t spoil.

I don’t like dessert much, and these cupcakes are a rare exception. Maybe I like them for some nostalgic childhood memory, maybe it’s they’re the best ready-made cupcakes out there. No one makes pre-packaged cupcakes this good, let alone covered with rich fudge and filled with sweet cream.

9 Responses to My Favorite Cupcake from the Past

لو ادري تحبينه جان يبتلج منه درزن صوغة لوووول
    بس وقتها ما اعرفح
    مكود بجمعيتهم و ساعات ناخذه حج الريوق
    عاد ابونا يهاوشنا بسكم كاكاو !
    وااااااي جمعيتهم هلاك عندي تقرير باحد المنتديات و منزله صور الجمعيه و الاغراض هههه

2. Chirp says:

Oh they remind me of my college days!

3. Meshal says:

I have good news for you I food the brand you talking about in qourtoub جمعية قرطبة next to the cake frige but I didnt see your cake I saw the other kind the tall one with vanilla cake not Browne

Bye

U mean twinkies 🙂

I haven’t been to qortuba co-op in a long time, I’m glad they stock hostess, even if they don’t have the packs I want.

بأمريكا
    كتبت كل هالحجي و نييت اذكر الدوله ههههه

Lol… W ana agool wayn wayn wayn 😉

Mashkoora moqadaman xoxo

As much as I like them, a7awel eni ma a6leb wayd menhum… W ana mani zoud m3 el7elo, so what my friends get me eythel moda wiyay 😀