On My Way to Jamarek

ْUpdate: I solved my problem with DHL.

On my way to Jamarek to sort my DHL shipment problem of last month, when DHL charged me custom clearing charges of KD25 for a shipment worth KD37.

I tried reasoning with DHL several times, but they keep insisting its the customs deptartment, so I’m going there now to sort the matter.

Obviously it’s not about the money, because I already paid DHL. But I want to know what the problem is exactly, so I won’t be over charged like this in the future.

Wish me luck.

Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.

8 Responses to On My Way to Jamarek

1. KAIFAN5 says:

Good luck 😉

2. ims85 says:

Yea plz do, and tell us what happen. Don’t forget to take ur stuff with u.

I support u, if u need anything, because I was the same shocked when u payed all that money!

I took all my papers, and put all of the things in a bag, and took them with me.

Eljamarek were very nice and understanding…. I’m gona write a new post abt it…. DHL ended refunding me 13.5 out of the 24.75 they originally took, they gave me back more than half my money.

Now I can put a smile of my face, el7mdella 🙂

3. Souska says:

I wouldn’t waste my time. If the charges are from customs then they should you with a detailed bill at the time of delivering ur item. And by the way you should e notified by three charges before they clear the items. Basically you should approve thewe charges a head. I know this because I have experienced it before! Good luck!

They had given me the detailed bills, but I still wasn’t convinced.

And I totally agree with u, i should be informed well in advance of expensive fees like these; so that I have a choice.

My experience today was very positive. The customs people were beyond helpful and co-operative. I even got a refund from DHL.

I’m super glad I went to customs today, now I know what to do if I ever buy anything online again 🙂

4. ims85 says:

Great news buz, please dont forget to mention every thing in ur new post, even the location of the customes please!

Im waiting to see why they charged all this?

Check my latest post, I just wrote one abt the refund 🙂

Basically, there was an item valued at $1 that made them refer me to wizarat eltijara, and made me pay kd25!

Every other thing kan ma3fi men eltharayeb.

And they also told me that my package had missed the “consolidation timing” and so was processed individually.

Ana radait 3alaihum enah DHL used their own planes, so there is nothing called eni missed the deadline + I had paid DHL for door-to-door shipping, so mali da5al eb consolidation wela ba6ee5.

Bs elsara7a, my biggest difa3 were eljamarek. Killhum kanaw wiyyay. So alf el7mdella w elshekrilla eni re7t…. They helped me a lot, mo shwaya 🙂